1953: Born, Jaffa, ISRAEL.
1971-1973: Army service
1973-1979: Kibbutz Membership, Ein-Gedi.
1986-1988: Post Dorctoral, The Field-Flow Fractionation Research Center (FFFRC), The Analytical and Physical Chemistry Dept., The University of Utah, Prof. J.C. Giddings.
1981-1986: PhD in Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. Advisor: Prof. Eli Grushka.
1979-1981 M. Sc. in Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. Advisor: Prof. Eli Grushka.
1976-1979 Bs.C. in Chemistry and Physics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
2012- 2017– Waters (TC) Israel, a subsidiary of Waters Corp. Technology specialist: Data, chemistry and instrumentation.
The job involves the following:
-HPLC users education.
-Consulting in analytical chemistry, especially in HPLC to phramaceutical companies.
-Applications support in HPLC and LC-MS, information retrieval from scientific data bases.
-Experimental and software training of analytical instrumentation to customers.
-Business development and marketing strategies and promotion of the products in a highly competitive market.
2003-Current Bioforum – Academic consultant (additional to Medtechnica)
1996-2012 Medtechnica, Scientific and Medical Equipment – Scientific support, data and chemical applications’ support, Analytical Department.
1996 (Sabatical) Taro Pharmaceuticals, R&D institute, Herzlia Pituah.
1995-1996 (Sabatical) The Ministry of Science and Arts: Section of Research Grants, Jerusalem.
1989 Research fellow at the Chemistry Department, The University of Tennessee · Knoxville. Topic: Rational scale up of liquid chromatography.
1988-1996 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: Lecturer, Pharmaceutical chemistry department, School of Pharmacy, (1995-1996 : sabbatical)
1986-1988 The University of Utah: Post doctoral fellowship, Chemistry Department (Physical and Analytical), Field-Flow Fractionation Research Center (Director: Prof. J.C. Giddings).
1979-1986 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: Teaching aide, teaching assistant, teaching instructor, in the laboratory courses of General Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Advanced Analytical Chemistry at the Chemistry department.
ANALYTICAL CONSULTATION AND COLLABORATION ACTIVITIES IN ISRAEL AS a SCIENTIFIC CONSULTANT.
ACTIVE ROLE IN SYMPOSIA
1997-Current: Member of the scientific committee of the Israeli Society of Analytical Chemistry.
- Member of the scientific committee of the International Symposia on Field-Flow Fractionation Techniques.
COURSES AND SEMINARS IN ISRAEL
1996- Current: School of Pharmacy, The Hebrew University; “Biomedical Separations”
1999- Current: Bioforum Knowledge Center – “Advanced Topics in HPLC”
1992- Ministry of Absorption: “Analytical chemistry to immigrant pharmacists”.
1994- Teva-Kfar Saba: “Instrumental methods of analysis”.
1994- Forum Scientific Education: “HPLC introductory course”.
1994- IMI (TAMI): “Preparative HPLC”.
1995- Tasys: “HPLC course ”
1996- Israel Institute for Bilogical Research (IIBR): “Scaling up to Preparative Chromatography”
1997- Ministry of Agriculture, Beit-Dagan: “Comprehensive HPLC course”
1997- Teva-Assia R&D: “Advanced Topics in HPLC”
1997- Teva-Plantex QC: “Advanced Topic in HPLC” .
1997- CTS Industries R&D: “Advanced Topics in HPLC”
1997- Weizmann Institute – Open to public: “Column selection and Sample Preparation in HPLC”.
1997 – Kofolk R&D-South: “Advanced topics in HPLC”
1997 – Institute of Standards, Ministry of Health, Jerusalem: “Comprehensive HPLC course”.
1998 – Dexal (Dexon): “Advanced Topics in HPLC”
1998 – Dexal (Dexon): “Introductory HPLC course”
1998 – Maccabi Center: “Reversed phase columns in HPLC”.
1999 -Medical Laboratory Studies – Ben Gurion University: “Selected topics in HPLC”.
2001 – Machteshim R&D – HPLC for experienced Users
2001 – Taro Pharmaceuticals R&D – HPLC Course
2002 – Institute for Standards-Ministry of Health Seminar January 2002
2002 – Teva’s Forum QC – Teva Plantex – Using PDA for Spectral Analysis in HPLC
2003 – Teva Kfar-Sava QC – Basics of HPLC
2003 – Carmell Ollefins- Selected topics in HPLC for experienced HPLC users
2003 – Teva Abic Inovative R&D -Selected topics in HPLC for experienced HPLC users
2004 – Teva Kfar Sava – HPLC for non-analysts
2004 – Rafa, Jerusalem -Topics in HPLC
2004 – Teva API: Production Workers- HPLC principles and scaling up.
2005- Ministry of Health, Jerusalem – HPLC for advanced users..
2005- Teva Assia, Petach Tikva – HPLC for experienced users.
2005- Tel Aviv University – HPLC for clinical laboratory technicians.
2006 -Teva Kfar Saba-July: Troubleshooting in HPLC
2006: -Teva Jerusalem-July: Troubleshooting in HPLC
2007: -Ferring Israel (BTG): Troubleshooting in HPLC.
2007: -Dexxon – Or Akiva; HPLC course for experienced users
2008: -Tips and Tricks in Empower Processing – Teva Jerusalem Tablets.
2008: -Teva Assia – HPLC course of HPLC users
2008: -Teva Pharmaceuticals: Innovative division: Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography.
2009 – Taro Pharmaceutical: PhotoDiode Array Technology in the Pharmaceutical Laboratory
2009 –Ministry of Health: UPLC Technology Overview and Implementation
2009 – Ministry of Health: PhotoDiode Array Technology in the Pharmaceutical Laboratory
2009 – Perrigo Pharmaceuticals: UPLC course
2010 – Agan Chemicals: Quantitative HPLC
2010-TevaTech: UPLC course
2011- Bioforum: HPLC Troubleshooting Course
2011- Bioforum: HPLC in Pharmaceutical Analysis
2011- HPLC to Regulatory Affair and Pharmacist in Charge, Israel’s Pharmacists Association.
2011 – Teva Assia: Pharmaceutical HPLC
2012 – Teva Abic: Troubleshooting in HPLC
2013 – Teva Assia: Pharmaceutical HPLC
2013 – UPLC Course – Biorofum
2013 -Weizmann Institute – Analysis of Biomolecules
2013-2015 More of the same
TECHNOLOGY AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- Expert in pharmaceutical analytical technology, especially in HPLC, GC, MS, LC-MS, Fluorescence, UV, FTIR Light scattering spectroscopy, Atomic absorption, Circular dichroism, etc and their various scientific data acquisition and processing programs.
- Expert level in Millennium/Empower and MassLynx Waters’s chromatographic and mass spectrometric software.
- Advanced level in Micorsoft Office for PC and for Mac.
- Basic know-how in building Internet pages, control of HTML (see self created/maintained home page forumsci.co.il/HPLC).
- Maintenance, administration, use and training of Enterprise Software of Waters’ chromatographic data systems for pharmaceutical laboratories.
- Administration of Waters Scientific Data Management System with embedded Electronic Lab-Notebook.
- PUBLICATION LIST:
- E. Grushka, S. Levin and C. Gilon, “The separation of amino acids on reversed phase columns as their copper II complexes” J. Chromatogr. , 235, 401-409, 1982.
- E. Grushka and S. Levin, “Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography Separation of Amino Acids with Aqueous Mobile Phase Containing Copper Ions and Alkyl Sulfonates.”, Anal. Chem., 57, 1830-1835, 1985.
- S. Levin and E. Grushka, “System Peaks in Liquid Chromatography, Their Origin, Formation and Importance”, Anal. Chem., 58, 1602-1607, 1986.
- E. Grushka and S. Levin, “Physico-Chemical Information from Peak Shape and Width in Liquid Chromatography”, in Quantitative Analysis Using Chromatographic Techniques. E. Katz, Eds., J. Wiley & Sons: Vol. 1987:
- S. Levin and E. Grushka, “Factors Controlling the Separation of Amino Acids in Isocratic Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography”, J. Chromatogr., 384, 249-258, 1987.
- S. Levin and E. Grushka, “Systems Peaks in Liquid Chromatography: Their Relation to the Adsorption Isotherm”, Anal. Chem., 59, 1157-1164, 1987.
- S. Levin and E. Grushka, “Calculation of Capacity Ratios of the Mobile Phase Components and Column Void Volumes Through System Peaks”, Anal. Chem., 61, 2428-2433, 1989.
- S. Levin, M.N. Myers and J.C. Giddings, “Continuous Separation of Proteins in Electrical Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) cells With Equilibrium Operation”, Sep. Sci. Technol., 24, 1245-1258, 1989.
- S. Levin, “Field-Flow Fractionation and Related Techniques for the Separation and Characterization of Particles, Colloids and Macromolecules”, Israel J. Chem., 30, 257-262, 1989.
- S. Levin and S. Abu-Lafi, “Competition Between Phenylalanine and Acetic Acid in the Chromatographic Column as Indicated by Their Adsorption Isotherms”, J. Chromatogr., 517, 285-295, 1990.
- S. Levin and J.C. Giddings, “Continuous Separation of Particles from Macromolecules in Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) Cells”, J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol., 50, 43-56, 1991.
- S. Levin and S. Abu-Lafi, “Adsorption Isotherms of Phenylalanine in the Chromatographic Column Measured Simultaneously by System Peaks Analysis and Frontal Analysis”, J. Chromatogr., 556, 277-285, 1991.
- S. Levin, “Biomedical Applications of Field-Flow Fractionation”, Biomedical Chromatograph, 5, 133-137, 1991.
- P.S. Williams, S. Levin, T. Lenczycki and J.C. Giddings, “Continuous SPLITT Fractionation Based on Diffusion Mechanism”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 31, 2172-2181, 1992.
- C.B. Fuh, S. Levin and J.C. Giddings, “Rapid Protein Diffusion Measurements Using Analytical SPLITT Fractionation. Application to Proteins”, Anal. Biochem., 208, 80-87, 1993.
- S. Levin and G. Tawil, “Analytical SPLITT Fractionation in the Diffusion Mode, Operating as a Dialysis-like System Devoid of Membrane. Application to Drug Carrying Liposomes”, Anal. Chem., 65, 2254-2261, 1993.
- S. Levin, S. Abu-Lafi, J. Zahalka and R. Mechoulam, “Resolution of Chiral Cannabinoids on Amylose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate) Chiral Stationary Phase – Effects of Structural Features and Mobile Phase Additives”, J. Chromatogr. A, 654, 53-64, 1993.
- S. Levin and T. Bar-Shua, “A Membraneless Dynamic Dialysis Cell for the Rapid Measurement of Drug Entrapment and Release from Liposomes”, in Liposome Technology. G. Gregoriadis, Eds., Vol. II, 1993: ch 17, 293-306.
- S. Levin and S. Abu-Lafi, “The Role of Enantioselective Liquid Chromatographic Separations Using Chiral Stationary Phases in Pharmaceutical Analysis”, in Advances in Chromatography. E. Grushka and P. R. Brown, Eds., Marcel Dekker Inc.: NY, Vol. 33, 1993: 233-266.
- S. Abu-Lafi, M. Sterin and S. Levin, “The Role Of Hydroxyl Group In Chiral Recognition Of Cannabinoids By Carbamated Amylose”, J. Chromatogr. A, 679, 47-58, 1994.
- S. Levin, S. Abu-Lafi, M. Sterin and R. Mechoulam, “Structural Features Affecting Chiral Recognition and Separation of Chiral Bicyclic Monoterpenic Precursors of Cannabinoids On Amylose Based Chiral Stationary Phase”, J. Chromatogr. A, 664, 159-167, 1994.
- S. Levin, L. Stern, A. Ze’evi and M.Y. Levy, “Characterization of Sub Micron w/o Emulsions Using Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (SdFFF) with Power Field Programming”, Anal. Chem., 66, 368-377, 1994.
- S. Levin, E. Klausner and S. Muchtar, “Characterization of Sub Micron Pharmaceutical Emulsions Using Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (SdFFF) with Power Field Programming”, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 12 (9), 1115-1121, 1994.
- S. Levin and G. Tawil, “Effect of Surfactants on the Diffusion Coefficients of Proteins, Measured by Analytical SPLITT Fractionation (ASF) in the Diffusion Mode”, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 12, 499-507, 1994.
- S. Levin, S. Abu-Lafi, S. Golshan-Shirazi and G. Guiochon, “The Use of System Peaks for the Determination of the Distribution of Resorcinol, Catechol and Phenol in Liquid Chromatography”, J. Chromatogr., 679, 213-229, 1994.
- Levin and S. Abu-Lafi, “Experimental Studies of Competition Between Enantiomers in Chiral Liquid Chromatography Through Their System Peaks”, Chirality, 6, 148-155, 1994.
- ש. לוין, “מורה נבוכים ל- Reversed phase HPLC “, סינטזיס, גליון 6 עמ’ 32
- ש. לוין, “תרומת הכרומטוגרפיה הנוזלית לאנליזה של חומרי רפואה כיראליים”, סינטזיס, גליון 7, עמ’ 32, 1994.
- S. Levin, M. Sterin and S. Abu-Lafi, “Structural Features Affecting Chiral Resolution of Cannabimimetic Enantiomers by Amylose 3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate Chiral Stationary Phase”, Chirality, 7(3), 140-146, 1995.
- S. Levin, R. Nudelman, P. Reschiglian and L. Pasti, “Optimization of Power-Programmed SdFFF by Simulations of Fractograms. Application to o/w Emulsions”, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 13(7), 869-877, 1995.
- S. Levin and E. Klausner, “Characterization of a Mixed Oil Sub-Micrometer Emulsion Using Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF) with Power Field Programming – Measurements of Droplets’ Density”, Pharm. Res, vol 12 (8), 1995.
- Levin, M. Sterin, A. Magora and A. Popescu, Resolution of enantiomers of uridine analogs, potential antiviral agents. J. Chromatogr. A, 752, 131-146, 1996.
- ש. לוין, “שיאים תוך מערכתיים בכרומטוגרפיה נוזלית” , כימיה, גליון 36, 1997, עמ’ 8.
- ש. לוין, “מדריך לבחירת מכשיר HPLC , חלק ראשון”, כימיה, גליון 41, 1998.
- ש. לוין, “מדריך לבחירת מכשיר HPLC , חלק שני”, כימיה, גליון 42, 1998
- Blum, Y. Cohen, S. Levin, A. Katschak and H. Glatt, “Resolution of Four K-Region Arene Imines and Mutagenicity of the Optically Pure Aziridines”, J Heterocyclic Chem., 35, 39 (1998).
- Levin, “Analysis of Ions Using High Performance Liquid Chromatography” in Instrumental Multi-Element Chemical Analysis, Ed. Z. Alfassi, Chapman & Hall, 1998.
- Magora, S. Abu-Lafi and S. Levin, “Comparison of the Enantioseparation of Racemic Uridine Analogs on Whelk-O 1 and ChiralPak-AD Columns” Journal of Chromatogr A, 866, 183–194, 2000.
- Tadmor, E. Lewinsohn, O. Larkov, A. Meir, M. Minkhoff, E. Lastochkin, Y. Hirshenhorn, M. Edelstein, S. Levin , “Reversed-phase HPLC determination of vitamin E components in maize kernels in the presence of various levels of carotenoids”, Agric. Analysis. Submitted. Phytochem. Anal, 11, 370–374, 2000.
- Levin, “Reversed Phase Stationary Phases in Pharmaceutical Sciences”, J. Liq. Chromatogr., Vol. 27, No. 7–9, pp. 1–24, 2004
- Levin “High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)” in “Handbook of Analysis and Pharmaceutical Quality” Ed. Shayne C. Gad; John Wiley & Sons Inc; In Press 2009.
1) Shulamit Levin and Eli Grushka. The Reversed Phase Separation of Amino Acids Using Cupric Ions and Alkyl Sulfonates as Mobile Phase Additives, 9th International Symposium in Column Liquid Chromatography, Edinburgh, July 1985.
2) Shulamit Levin and Eli Grushka, System Peaks and Preparative Liquid Chromatography, Symposium on Preparative Liquid Chromatography, Washington DC, May, 1986.
3) Shulamit Levin and Eli Grushka., Retention Processes and Complexing Equilibria in Liquid Chromatography as Studied Through System Peaks, 10th International Symposium on Column Liquid Chromatography, San Francisco, May 1986.
4) Shulamit Levin and Eli Grushka, Calculation of Adsorption Isotherm with the Aid of System Peaks in Liquid Chromatography 16th International Symposium on Chromatography, Paris, France, Sep 1986.
5) S. Levin, T. T. Lenczycki, P. S. Williams, J. C. Giddings. Continuous Fractionation by Diffusion in Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) FFF-Like Separation Cells. 193 rd National ACS meeting, April 1987, Denver, Colorado, USA.
6) J. C. Giddings and S. Levin Continuous Separation of Particles from Macromolecules in Split-Cell Thin (SPLITT) Cell, Annual Symposium of The Fine Particle Society, July 18-21, 1988, Santa Clara, California, USA.
7) S. Levin, Field-Flow Fractionation and related techniques. International Symposium on Chromatography (A joint meeting of the chromatography and separation subdivision of the ACS and the ICS), November 14-17 1988, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
8) Shulamit Levin and Saleh Abu-Lafi. Adsorption Isotherms of Isomers – The Key for their Systematic Preparative Separation, Xth International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry, September 2-7, 1990, Jerusalem, Israel.
9) S. Levin, In-Vitro Assays of Drug Release from Liposomes Using the SPLITT Diffusion Cell, The 2nd International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation, February 5-6, 1991, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. (Did not attend due to the Gulf war).
10) Shulamit Levin and Saleh Abu-Lafi. Can Mixed Adsorption Isotherms be Measured by System Peaks? NATO ASI on Theoretical Advancement in Chromatography and Related Separation Techniques, August 18-30, 1991, Ferrara, Italy.
11) Shulamit Levin , Separation and Characterization of Emulsions by Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (SFFF) with Field Decay. The 5th Israeli Conference of Surface and Colloid Science, Tiberias, March 4-5, 1992.
12) Shulamit Levin , A Rapid Test for Burst of Drug from Liposomes and Other Drug Carrying Colloids Using a Diffusion Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) Cell. The 5th Israeli Conference of Surface and Colloid Science, Tiberias, March 4-5, 1992.
13) Shulamit Levin and Galia Tawil, Rapid Measurements of Drug Burst from Liposomes by SPLITT Fractionation Based on Diffusion Mechanism. The 3rd International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF-92), October 5-7, 1992, Park City, Utah, USA.
14) Shulamit Levin, Marina Sterin and Amir Magora. Structural features affecting resolution of enantiomers of antiviral substances.. 7th International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, November 1995, Jerusalem, Israel.
15) Shulamit Levin, Current Issues in HPLC, The 1st Conference of the Israel Analytical Chemical Society, 1998, Bar Ilan University.
16) Shulamit Levin, Considerations in Peak Purity Measurements in HPLC, The 2nd Conference of the Israel Analytical Chemical Society, 1999, Ganei Hataarucha, Tel Aviv.
17) Shulamit Levin, Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Bioactive Molecules Using Liquid-Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), The 1st Congress of The Israel Association for Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Development. Maale Hachamisha, 2002.
18) Shulamit Levin, Igal Bar-Ilan*, Gershon Melman*, Shoshana Peleg*, Maria Belzer* Quantitative determination of Carbamates by Flow Injection Analysis, Using Triple Quadrupole LC-MS ESI, The 6th Conference of the Israel Analytical Chemical Society, 2003, Kfar Hamacabbia. (* Department of Analytical Chemistry, MIGAL-Galilee Technologic Center, Kiryat-Shmona)
19) Shula Levin, Sophia Kevesh*, Using Photo-Diode Array During Unatended Reversed-Phase HPLC Method Scouting, The 7th Conference of the Israel Analytical Chemical Society, 2004, Kfar Hamacabbia. (*Taro Pharmaceuticals).
20) S. Levin; Redefining Separation Sciences using Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography; Isranalytica 2005; David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
21) S. Levin; Unexpected Peaks in Chromatograms – Are They Related Compounds, System Peaks or Contaminations? Isranalytica 2006; David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Levin; Sub-2 mM Particles in Liquid Chromatography: Speeding up Separations and/or Boosting Chromatographic Performance. Isranalytica 2007; David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Levin; Practical aspects of transferring methods from HPLC to UPLC. Isranalytica 2008; David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
24) S. Levin; Chromatographic and regulatory considerations during method transfer from High Performance LC (HPLC) to Ultra-Performance LC (UPLC) in the pharmaceutical industry. Isranalytica 2009; David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 25) S. Levin; The first 7 Years of Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC): Scientific Achievements and Daily Work Challenges; Isranalytica 2012, David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
26) S. Levin, Living up to the potential of SFC: Ultra Performance Convergence Chromatography (UPC2). Isranalytica 2013, David Intercontinental, Tel Aviv, Israel.
1) Shulamit Levin and Eli Grushka., System Peaks in Reversed Phase Ion Pair Chromatography as Aids in Studying the Equilibrium in the system, 9th International Symposium in Column Liquid Chromatography, Edinburgh, July 1985.
2) S. Levin, Continuous Separation of Particles and Macromolecules Using FFF-Like ‘SPLITT’ Systems. International Symposium on Chromatography (A joint meeting of the chromatography and separation subdivision of the ACS and the ICS), November 14-17 1988, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
3) S. Levin, Field-Flow Fractionation and Related Techniques for the Separation of Colloids, The 4th Israeli Conference on Chemistry, Technology and Applications of Surface Active Agents: Present and Future, Dec. 14-15, 1988, Dead Sea, Israel.
4) Chwan Bor Fuh, Shulamit Levin and J. C. Giddings, Rapid Protein Diffusion Measurements Using SPLITT Cells. The First International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF-89), June 15-16, 1989, Park City, Utah, USA.
5) Jue Zhang, P. Stephen Williams, Marcus N. Myers, Shulamit Levin, J. Calvin Giddings. Use of Hydrodynamic Lift Forces in SPLITT Cells for Continuous Particle Separation. The First International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF-89), June 15-16, 1989, Park City, Utah, USA.
6) Shulamit Levin and Tali Bar-Shua, Diffusion Coefficients, Aggregation and Degradation of Macromolecules and colloids, Measured with a Dynamic-Dialysis Membraneless Cell. The 55th meeting of the Israeli Chemical Society, Feb. 11-12, Tel Aviv, 1990.
7) Shulamit Levin and Saleh Abu-Lafi. Interference Between Two Isomers with Small Selectivity Factor as Indicated by Their Mixed Adsorption Isotherms. HPLC ’91, 15th International Symposium on Column Liquid Chromatography, Basel, Switzerland, June 3-7, 1991.
8) Shulamit Levin, A Rapid In Vitro Test for Dilution Induced Burst of Drug From Liposomes and Other Drug Carrying Colloids Using a Diffusion SPLITT Cell. 4th International Symposium on Drug Analysis, Liege, Belgium, 5-8th May 1992.
9) Shulamit Levin , Galia. Tawil and Elka Touitou, Aggregation and De-Aggregation of Insulin, Observed by a Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) System, Operation as a Membraneless Dynamic Dialysis Cell. 2nd Jerusalem Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences and Clinical Pharmacology, Jerusalem, Israel, May 24-29, 1992.
10) Shulamit Levin, and Liron Stern, Separation and Characterization of Emulsions by Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (SFFF) with Field Decay, Intralipid™ as a model. The 3rd International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF-92), October 5-7, 1992, Park City, Utah, USA.
11) Shulamit Levin, Galia Tawil and Iris Shasha, The Diffusion Split-Flow Thin (SPLITT) Cell as an Analytical Tool for Protein Change of Conformation. The 3rd International Symposium on Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF-92), October 5-7, 1992, Park City, Utah, USA.
12) Shulamit Levin, Saleh Abu-Lafi, Jamal Zahalka and Raphael Mechoulam, Resolution of Chiral Cannabinoids on Amylose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate) Chiral Stationary Phase – Effects of Structural Features and Mobile Phase Additives. Fourth International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, September 19-22, 1993, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
13) Shulamit Levin and Saleh Abu-Lafi, Experimental Studies of Competition Between Enantiomers in Chiral Liquid Chromatography Through Their System Peaks. Fourth International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, September 19-22, 1993, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
14) Saleh Abu-Lafi, Marina Sterin and Shulamit Levin, Structural Features Affecting Chiral Recognition and Separation of Chiral Bicyclic Monoterpens Using Amylose Based Chiral Stationary Phase. 18th Internatinal Symposium on Column Liquid Chromatography, May 8-13, 1994, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US.
15) Shulamit Levin, Saleh Abu-Lafi and Marina Sterin, Structural Features Affecting the enantioselective retention of Cannabimimetic enantiomers on a 3,5-dimethylphenyl-carbamate Amylose Stationary Phase. Fifth International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, September 25-28, 1994, Stockholm, Sweden.
16) Shulamit Levin, Liron Stern, Eytan Klausner, Amira Ze’evi, Menashe Y. Levy and Shaul Muchtar, Characterization of Submicron Emulsions Using Sedimentation Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF) with Power Field Programming, Fifth International Symposium on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, September 21-24, 1994, Stockholm, Sweden